Do you want to work for a small, off-the-grid, sustainable organization in an exceptionally beautiful mountain community in Alaska?
Open positions for the 2018 summer season at the Wrangell Mountains Center (see more details below):
Please read the full job description linked above. If interested, please send us an e-mail containing a current resume and a short cover letter detailing your motivations for applying; your training, educational, and outdoors background; and your available date range to email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to that address.
The Wrangell Mountains Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kitchen & Gardens Manager - The Wrangell Mountains Center is seeking a full-time Kitchen & Gardens Manager for the upcoming 2018 season. The position runs from mid-May through mid-September. Full season commitment is preferred. The application deadline for the Kitchen Manager position is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm AKST.
The Kitchen and Gardens Manager (KM) oversees the kitchen operations and gardens. Tasks may include:
- Ensuring quality meals (mostly vegetarian) are provided for large groups of program participants and staff at the WMC
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized communal cooking, food storage, and dining environment
- Planting, maintaining, and harvesting gardens
- Providing guidance/direction to other staff and volunteers regarding kitchen and garden duties
- Helping with recruiting, training, and coordinating with volunteers for kitchen and gardens
Facilities Manager - The Wrangell Mountains Center is seeking a full-time Facilities Manager for the upcoming 2018 season. The position runs from mid-May through mid-September. Full season commitment is preferred. The application deadline for the Facilities Manager position is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm AKST.
Brief Overview: The Facilities Manager is responsible for performing, coordinating, and overseeing general facilities maintenance tasks. Tasks may include:
- Building and utility maintenance and repairs
- Building projects such as tent platforms, wall tent frames, shelving, etc.
- Solar, battery, and generator system upkeep
- Vehicle maintenance
- Delegation of facilities tasks to and supervision of interns and volunteers
Internships - The Wrangell Mountains Center is seeking interns to assist with the upcoming 2018 season. Our season runs mid-May through mid-September. Full season commitment is preferred, though we also consider partial-season internships. Additionally, short-term work-trade agreements are negotiated throughout the summer. The application deadline for 2018 Internships is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm AKST.
Brief Overview: Interns assist in all aspects of WMC operations. The diverse nature of Wrangell Mountains Center affords the opportunity to somewhat tailor each intern’s duties to their specific interests. Tasks include:
- Helping to maintain organic garden
- Ensuring a warm and well-organized environment for staff and program participants
- Providing administrative support including program marketing
- Orienting participants, guests, and students to the systems and customs of the WMC
- Assist with start-up logistics and facility preparations in May and closing down in September
- Routine maintenance of and improvements to WMC facilities
Banner Photo: Nathaniel Wilder