Do you want to work for a small, off-the-grid, sustainable organization in an exceptionally beautiful mountain community in Alaska?
Internships - The Wrangell Mountains Center is seeking interns to assist with the upcoming 2018 season. Our season runs mid-May through mid-September. Full season commitment is preferred, though we also consider partial-season internships. Additionally, short-term work-trade agreements are negotiated throughout the summer. The application deadline for the 2018 Internships is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm AKST.
Brief Overview: Interns assist in all aspects of WMC operations. The diverse nature of Wrangell Mountains Center affords the opportunity to somewhat tailor each intern’s duties to their specific interests. Tasks include:
- Helping to maintain organic garden
- Ensuring a warm and well-organized environment for staff and program participants
- Providing administrative support including program marketing
- Orienting participants, guests, and students to the systems and customs of the WMC
- Assist with start-up logistics and facility preparations in May and closing down in September
- Routine maintenance of and improvements to WMC facilities
Please read the full job description linked above. If interested, please send us an e-mail containing a current resume and a short cover letter detailing your motivations for applying; your training, educational, and outdoors background; and your available date range to email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to that address.
The Wrangell Mountains Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Banner Photo: Nathaniel Wilder